Tuesday, December 18, 2012

The Good, the Bad & the Ugly #3



The Good, the Bad & the Ugly, a meme/blog hop hosted by the fabulous Lectus. It allows you to showcase 3 books you plan to read and discuss this week. Here's how it works:

The Good: it could be a book that you just started reading and it is sooo damn good! Or, a book you've been waiting for and finally got.

The Bad: it could be a book that you are going to read because of its hype, it was recommended to you or any other reason BUT you are not sure you are going to like it because it's not your usual type of book/story/genre/thing.

The Ugly: it could be any book and for any reason. It's up to you! 

So, spread the word and invite friends!!



I haven't posted reviews of my week 2's books yet, but they're coming. And honestly, with the holidays, I'll probably be late posting this week's as well. Here are my Good, Bad & Ugly for this week:


The Raven Boys (Raven Cycle, #1)The Complete PersepolisEyes of Silver, Eyes of Gold

My Good: The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater...'nuff said. ;)
My Bad: The Complete Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi
This is a graphic novel and I DON'T read graphic novels or manga as a general rule. (see review of Pandora Hearts) But again, my daughter read this and asked me to read it so she can discuss it with me.
My Ugly: Eyes of Silver, Eyes of Gold by Ellen O'Connell
I'm going to read this because it's set in Colorado and I live in Colorado. :)



2 comments:

  1. Oh-oh! I read The Raven Boys and couldn't finish it. It was good though, it was just that... half way through the book I really didn't know what was going on so I abandoned it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maggie hasn't let me down so far. :) I'll let you know once I finish...

      Delete

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??