Friday, August 9, 2013

**Feature & Follow ~ #29**


Happy Friday and welcome to the Blog Hop! 

Feature & Follow is a weekly blog hop hosted by the talented ladies behind AlisonCanRead and Parajunkee's View. The intent of this blog hop is to get out there and meet other bloggers and gain new followers yourself. What sets this blog hop apart is the Feature. Each week, two blogs are featured, one at AlisonCanRead and one at Parajunkee's View. So make sure to hop over to those blogs to check out this week's Features.

This week's Features are:
Wonderlands Readers
Girl in the Woods Reviews

This week's Activity...What my English Lit class will be reading this semester:

Oh-ho-ho....Since this is my fantasyland, I'm teaching a high school sophomore level English Lit class. And I get to make up my own curriculum! ;) Although I'm a big fan of classics (English Lit degree received, thank you) my class would read some contemporary YA titles the first semester, because there are a few books I feel would make great required reading for all teenagers! :) 

So, my English Lit class will be reading:

Thirteen Reasons WhySpeechlessNorth of Beautiful


Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher
Speechless by Hannah Harrington
North of Beautiful by Justine Chen Headley

What would your class be reading??



10 comments:

  1. I loved Thirteen Reasons Why and North of Beautiful :) New follower, check out my FF, I'm #17!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You would have been my favorite teacher if I had had your curriculum when I was in HS. I love having more contemporary choices to read as well as classics. Happy Friday Brandee!

    Traci @ Mad Hatter Reads

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Picks! I would so sign up for your class lol
    Danielle @ Coffee and Characters
    following via bloglovin!

    find me at http://www.daniellecromero.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great books to ponder about and have nice class discussions. New bloglovin follower. My FF

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to say, I've never read one of those books. Interesting... I like new titles :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. great books! I haven't read north of beautiful but I always have thought of buying it!!

    Old follower!

    My FF + Giveaway!

    Amber @Paradise of Pages

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read these, but I really want to read Speechless. I'm with Traci up above. You would have been my favorite teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh nice! Yay for some modern titles!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting choices - I never got to do things that teachers thought we might enjoy at school but rather Literature with a capital L. I suspect your class would be very popular :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice list. I've been meaning to read Speechless :)

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??