Saturday, November 2, 2013

**Think Out Loud #7 ~ Stop Me Before I Volunteer Again**



Welcome to Think Out Loud, a weekly meme hosted by Thinks Books. This is a meme where you can post about anything and everything you want...no rules! Make sure you link up over at Thinks Books, too. 

******
**Stop Me Before I Volunteer Again**

So I'm late with my TOL post this week. It's been the story of this past week for me. Y'all know I was out of town last Sunday thru early Tuesday morning for the State Marching Band Competition. (My daughters' band placed 5th overall in the state - we're very proud!!) When we got home, I came down with a stomach virus. And I had to push through because I had a end-of-season band potluck for which I had to coordinate recognitions, make lasagna, finish decorations and finish making a gift for one of the 'graduating' parents. I had to get my snow tires on because snow is supposed to really set in next week. I had to pick up my son and care for him after he passed out and hit his head while watching a particularly graphic video in biology. It's been a very busy week personally. Luckily I had my blog posts scheduled for the most part because I haven't had much time to be online. So this got me to wondering...how the heck do y'all balance it all??? And sleep??

PLEASE, I really want to know! :) 

I hope to be back to my regularly scheduled programming next week. I will do my best to catch up with all your blog posts - although I may not comment on every one. I miss you guys! But my family, and obligations to and for them, have to come first. Thanks for hanging in with me!

6 comments:

  1. Yay for the marching band! I love watching the competitions. It's so fascinating to me and these kids are so skilled and talented they're beyond entertaining.

    I hope you're feeling better. I hate it when that happens, I'd rather have the flu than a stomach virus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes ~ and it's a whole lot of work too! LOL My girls have spent at least 16 hours a week - more the two weeks prior to the competition - practicing. It was well worth all their effort!

      I'm feeling much better, thank you, Braine!

      Delete
  2. What's this about a graphic video? Did he pass out because it was so upsetting? That's terrible no matter the reason. In health class every year until seventh grade we had to watch abortion videos from start to finish. I thought the whole school was off their rocker.

    That is so awesome about the marching band. I could never do that, play music first of all, and then be coordinated? Forget about it. And then you got a tummy virus! I just had a tummy virus and watched the clock for the 24 hour mark because everyone says "24 hour bug." Dang thing had a mind of its own. I certainly have no idea how to juggle motherhood, sanity, and pursuing my dreams. Balance is not my skill set. But you took a step back, marked things off you had to do, and made sure your family knew they were at the top of the list. That's amazing, Brandee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You had to watch a what?!? I can't believe they made y'all watch that in 7th grade!!!

      Well, the video Jax watched was on the effects of smoking...so he was seeing what smoking does to the lungs...inside the body. When I asked what he'd been watching, he said "a lot of really bad stuff." He's fine though - just a little embarrassed and a small bump on his head.

      Robyn, Sky is one of the most uncoordinated kids you'll ever meet. She couldn't skip until she was about 12! She was terrified of marching last year but she's great at it. She practices A LOT! I mean, marches around the house! LOL

      Thanks so much for the support, Robyn, It means a lot. I do feel much better, by the way. It took me 2.5 days to recover though. I'll keep working at this but I don't really think balance is in my skill set either. ;)

      Delete
  3. What the eff was in that video? I hope your son is doing OK. And I also hope you're feeling a lot better, Brandee.

    I'm not so sure I'm very balanced in my things, but I am pursuing my dream now since I started Uni again. And I love it - but at the same time I really look forward to finishing the study-part and start the teaching part, you know?

    I always try to schedule my reviews and other post as long in advance as possible, I try to start my reviews with a few thoughts very quickly after finishing a book, and then I take it from there. And of course, having four kids does take a lot of time - but somehow, it just works for us. I'm not sure we're very good planners, but I think my husband and I make a very good team.

    And sleep - well, you know... that kind of comes last some weeks, and then all of a sudden I just have to catch up a little :)

    Great TOL post, Brandee. *hugs*

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was basically an anti-smoking video, Lexxie. He was getting to see inside a human body and the effects smoking has on the lungs. He's fine though - just a little embarrassed and a little bump. I finally got it through to him that he couldn't help the reaction - it was his brain's way of saying it couldn't take any more of that!

      Thanks for sharing your 'system', Lexxie. I think I'm always in awe of all you do! LOL You just seem to make time for so much and last week, I felt like I was drowning. James and I are also a good team, and he helps so much. But he spends 2.5 hours a day commuting so lots of stuff gets left to me. I only have 3 kids, but you know how busy kids keep you. ;) Anyway, I appreciate your support!! It'll all work out...eventually. And I sleep when I'm dead, right?!? LOL

      Thanks, Lexxie! **hugs**

      Delete

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??