Saturday, August 23, 2014

**#COYER Review ~ The Arrangement #1 ~ HM Ward**

CoyerSummerVacation


So, Sharrice over at Reese's Reviews kept raving about The Arrangement by HM Ward. And I kept commenting on how much I'd love to give this serial a whirl. Sharrice, being the kind and generous gal she is, gifted me a copy of The Arrangement #1. And I.LOVED.IT! I wish I'd read it so much sooner! AND, not only am I addicted to this story, but I read the first chapter or so of Secrets and I'm addicted to that series as well!! Hmm, I cleaned one off my ereader and added another few. Is that the way this challenge is supposed to work?!? ;)

***

The Arrangement: The Ferro Family (The Arrangement, #1)The Arrangement: The Ferro Family by HM Ward
The Arrangement #1
Release Date: January 26, 2013
Genre: New Adult, Contemporary Romance
Source: A gift from Sharrice *grins*
Rating: 4 Bookworms

Synopsis
FML is becoming Avery's motto. Just when she doesn't think things could get any worse, they do. When her car stalls out at a busy intersection and she gets out to check under the hood, a guy steals her car. Armed with a dress and a pair of Chucks, Avery runs after the thief. When a hot stranger offers to help, she can't say no. That's how Avery meets Sean Ferro, the totally sexy, totally damaged guy with more secrets than she has time for.

Avery doesn't have time for anything anymore. Her life is falling apart and it's not just the car. It's everything, and it doesn't matter how tightly she tries to hold on, there's nothing left to hold on to. With the sudden death of her parents, it's only a matter of months until Avery's shot at college is gone, and she's living in a cardboard box. Other students have their families to rely on when things get bad. Avery has no one.

But there's one option, one incredibly sexy, morally devoid, option. If Avery takes a job as a call girl, one guy could save her. One client. One time. She just has to say yes.



I'm hooked and I wish I'd read this a long time ago!!

Avery is a college student. She's on a scholarship that requires high grades but since she has to work in order to eat, the long hours are catching up to her. Oh, and she has a POS for a car that is actually stolen one night as she's working on it...while stopped at a red light.

Enter Sean Ferro. He happens to be at the right place, at the right time and helps Avery chase down her car. Then continues to appear at opportune times.

Avery really needs something to give. Her friend, Melony, says she might be able to hook her up with a job where she works. But once Avery understands what that job entails, she's not so sure she can do it. Except for the fact that she might have a chance to get closer to her knight in shining armor.

The first installment did an excellent job of drawing me in. I feel for Avery's plight and understand her choice to do what she has to in order to finish her degree. And I'm drawn to Sean as well. He's a mystery to solve - a mystery on a motorcycle - and that's hard to pass up. ;) I can't wait to see where this arrangement between Avery and Sean goes.

5 comments:

  1. I liked this. I was surprised that I liked this, but I definitely liked this. I think I've read through 4 or 5 . . . Glad you liked it too, Brandee! Can't wait to hear what you think of the rest of it, LOL. It got a little angsty from what I remember. Not terrible, but come on--given it situation, how could it not be? *snickers*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard such great things about this series and may even have this installment. I'm so glad you enjoyed, Brandee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this sounds really good - I'm slowly getting on board with serials, so I'll have to try it out! And yeah - as much as I clean out of my eReader I add twice as much. Dang it! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh I like mysteries on motorcycles ;) Those are just my kind. It sounds like a good intro. Glad it got you interested in more. I hope you are having a fantastic weekend!! Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah I am so freaky glad you loved this series!! I loved Secrets!!! You NEED to read Damaged and Scandalous by her. Scandalous will make you see paint in a whole new way and Damaged has a sexy teacher!!! I am so happy you enjoyed!!! The motorcycle definitely makes Sean one sexy sexy man. I would love to read the stories in his POV. Oh and by the way the Arrangement Series is intertwined with other Ferro books but I can't remember the order. Anyway great review I can't wait to see what you think of her other books.

    ReplyDelete

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??