Thursday, November 12, 2015

That's What HE Said #44 ~ Thirsty Thursday & Hungry Hearts #23



That's What He Said is a weekly meme hosted by the lovely ladies @Chapter Break. Here's the deal: every Thursday, post a line from your book boyfriend to his heroine. Keep in mind, these are direct quotes from dialog in the books. The quote doesn't have to be romantic - just something our hunky hero said to his lucky lady. Be sure to link up over at Chapter Break as well.

My pick this week for That's What He Said is ONCE AGAIN from:

Walk Through Fire by Kristen Ashley

Yeah, that's right. I'm still hung up on Logan and Millie. ;)


***
"Doin' anything at your side, no matter how hard it gets, it's still gonna be a fuckuva lot easier than tryin' to do anything without you. So you're right. It might not be easy. Life is what it is and we're gonna face shit along the way. But I know what it was like, doin' that not havin' you. And I know what is was like doin' that havin' you. And I know which way I like better."



*~*~*~*~*~*


"Eat or I feed you, Millie."
I wasn't in the mood to test that.
Hell, I'd probably never be in the mood to test that.
So I didn't test it.
I grabbed the plate, put it on my tray, slid the fork out from under the food, and stabbed at the eggs.
I put them in my mouth.
There was cheese, a sharp cheddar. There was garlic, not too much. Fresh ground pepper, which was nice. And something else savory and flavorful that I couldn't put my finger on.
Then I did.
A hint of oregano in his eggs.
God.
The food was still warm. The bacon crisped to perfection. The toast lightly and expertly toasted. And my coffee had a splash of creamer, no sugar, very strong, like I liked it.
Like I'd always liked it.



*sigh* Logan. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??