Wednesday, December 23, 2015

#TravelingtoTerminus Review ~ The Warlord Wants Forever ~ Kresley Cole

The Warlord Wants Forever (Immortals After Dark, #1)The Warlord Wants Forever by Kresley Cole
Immortals After Dark #1
Release Date: November 22, 2011
Genre: Adult, Paranormal Romance
Source: Purchased ebook on Nook
Rating: 4 Bookworms
Goodreads

Synopsis
The Warlord
Nikolai Wroth, a ruthless vampire general, will stop at nothing to find his Bride, the one woman who can "blood" him, making his heart beat and filling him with strength. Coldly interested only in the power his Bride will bring, he can hardly believe when Myst the Coveted awakens him body--and soul.

The Seductress
Famed throughout the world as the most beautiful Valkyrie, Myst has devoted her life to protecting a magical jewel and to fighting the vampires. Wroth provides her with the perfect opportunity to torment her sworn enemy--for with his new heartbeat comes a consuming sexual desire that can only be slaked by her. Denying him, she flees, struggling to forget his searing, possessive kiss.

The Hunt is on...
She eludes him for five years, but he has finally chased her to ground and stolen her enchanted jewel, giving him absolute power over her. Now that she's his for the taking, he intends to make her experience first-hand the agonizing, unending lust she subjected him to for half a decade. Yet when Nikolai realizes he wants far more than vengeance from Myst and frees her, will she come back to him?



I began this series out of order, listening to A Hunger Like No Other first, not that it mattered. When I met Myst and Wroth, I was eager to know their history and backstory. 

I read The Warlord Wants Forever, rather than listening to it, because I already owned it in ebook format. For some reason, I had a little trouble getting into the story. I think it was because I felt there were some details I was expected to know that I didn't. However, after that initial bump, I quickly fell into Myst and Wroth's story. And it was a quick read.

Myst meets Nikolai Wroth while playing at being a captive of the Hoard. Apparently, this is something she and her sisters do in order to gather information on the Hoard - oh, and kill vampires.

Because of some Valkyrie history, Myst and her sisters have set about cleansing the world of vampires. So it is rather bothersome that Myst would be the Bride of Nikolai. He is a forbearer, meaning he doesn't take blood from the source in order to maintain his sanity. Myst, having had a crush on Nikolai via stories of his valor and bravery on the battlefield when he was human, doesn't immediately kill him. This gives Nikolai time to woo her. Things don't go according to plan though...

As I said, this is a quick read wherein Myst tries to deny her feelings for Wroth and he attempts to win her. I enjoyed the banter between them and how each didn't throw any punches in trying to get what they wanted.

One thing I'm enjoying about this series is the humor Ms. Cole injects via the eccentricities of the Valkyrie. I'm also eager to learn more about the impending war.

This story wasn't as complex at A Hunger Like No Other but I was happy to know some history on Myst and Wroth as well as their story. And I'm anxious for more.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??