Thursday, January 7, 2016

Thirsty Thursday & Hungry Hearts #28


My pick this week for Thirsty Thursday & Hungry Hearts is from:

Tiny Glitches by Rebecca Chastain

Y'all, I am loving this book!! It releases on January 12th!

***

Ari opened the microwave and pulled out a single piece of coffee cake on a napkin. My eyes latched on to the treat.
"Homemade?"
"Would I give you anything less?"
I snatched the cake from her hand and broke off a piece. Warm brown sugar and cinnamon melted on my tongue. I relaxed my hips against the counter and closed my eyes to savor the delicious flavors. Taking another bite without opening my eyes, I could feel the day's stresses floating away on a sugar haze.
I opened my eyes when I realized the kitchen was silent. Hudson eyed me like I was a piece of coffee cake, Antonio watched me with fond amusement, and Ari watched Hudson, a smirk on her face.
"Coffee cake turns her into putty," she said. Hudson started and glanced at Ari. She winked at him. "That's a secret a lot don't know. You're welcome."

And because I couldn't help myself...

"You found a coffee cake donut?"
"It seemed like your favorite flavor," Hudson said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??