Sunday, February 21, 2016

Sunday Post #5 ~ What a Few Weeks!

Sunday Post

As y'all probably all know, the Sunday Post is hosted by Kimba @Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It's a chance to share my news from the week whether it be book, blog, or just life news. Since I read so many of your Sunday Posts and I wanted to add something new in 2016, I've decided to join in the fun!

***
These past few weeks - phew! My head's whirling just thinking of them. Not only did we have band/orchestra concerts (week before last) which took up 3 nights, but we also had an important decision to be made in our household. Where my older daughter was going to college. SHE WAS ACCEPTED TO HER #1 CHOICE and received a nice scholarship. But then she had to decide...go to #1 or #2?  Now, I know what you're thinking because I was thinking the same thing...you got into #1. What's to think about? But I think she had convinced herself she wouldn't get in and was set to go to #2 - so she had to change her mindset. After much deliberation and many, many tears, she made her decision. She's going to Reed College in Portland, OR.

On top of all this, competition season has begun for Winter Guard and Indoor Percussion - my girls do Winter Guard, and my son is in iPerc. This means lots of rehearsals and weekends spent going in different directions as my girls compete in one location and my son in another. *sigh* They're also participating in the Pit Orchestra for the school's musical - this means the next 2 weeks they have rehearsals every day and since I'm the Pit Orch mom, I have to feed them (ALL). *ha*

Reading-wise, I finished Never Love a Highlander by Maya Banks, Confess by Colleen Hoover (a read-along hosted by Chapter Break), Riding the Storm by Sydney Croft, and Facade by Nyrae Dawn. I also finished Rock Chick Redemption (a re-read), and Me Before You by Jojo Moyes, which was a Reading Assignment Challenge book which I buddy read with Lexxie (unConventional Bookviews). Now I'm listening to Revelation by Randi Cooley Wilson (for review), beta-reading Dream Magic by Michelle Mankin, and A Different Blue by Amy Harmon.

It's been really busy and I'm sorry I haven't been around to visit like I normally do. Hopefully I'll get around to everyone this week. I hope y'all had a fantastic week, even if it was busy! ;) And I hope the upcoming one is wonderful. Happy reading! :D

***


COYERBTBsignupBookworm BrandeeBlogger ShameNew Release Challenge 2016 - (un)Conventional Bookviews

Challenge Updates
So far, I've read 16 books out of 40 for COYER B2B, 15 books for #ShelfLove, 7 books for Blogger Shame, and 6 books for my New Release challenges. Some of these overlap - I've read 29 books so far this year.

How are y'all doing with your challenges?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??