Wednesday, November 14, 2012

What I Didn't Say

What I Didn't Say
Keary Taylor
Received from publisher via NetGalley


I ended up liking this book more than I thought I would at page 50. I had very high expectations for this book. The storyline was very intriguing and I thought it would be a very compelling and emotionally draining read. It’s about a boy who, after a tragic accident, loses his ability to speak. And he has major regrets about not having said some things. He also has to learn to deal with new insecurities and figuring out a new path for his life since his injury prevents him from following the one he'd intended. But it’s also about a girl who has had her own tragedy in life. And this girl, who was THE major regret for the boy, teaches the boy to be thankful for what he does have in life and not to waste a single moment in his life. It also touched on valuable lessons for teenagers. It should have been gripping...but for whatever reason, it didn’t grab me from the beginning and make me want to keep reading. However, I was eventually drawn into the book and I ended up caring about what happened to the characters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??