Saturday, November 23, 2013

**Sidekick Showcase ~ #21 ~ Sooo Creepy**


Sidekick Showcase (previously known as Sidekick Saturday) is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by Jaclyn at JC's Book Haven. There are many secondary characters that are as great as the primaries. In some cases, the sidekicks actually steal the show and you like them better than the heroine or hero. Maybe they didn't have enough page time for how great they were. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Choose a sidekick *or someone other than the hero or heroine* that you would like to put in the spotlight that fits in this week's type
• Share a picture (if possible) and information about the character
• Give the title and author of a book the character can be found in
• Please don't include too many spoilers when describing why the character is such a great sidekick
• Put your link in the Linky thing and comment

**********************************
This week, Jaclyn has chosen Creepy for the theme.  I'm going with a character from a series I've never talked about on my blog before. Any guesses?!? 

My pick is
Mr. X
from J.R. Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood

I'm not caught up in this series (shocking, I know! ;) but I've loved every one I've read. Lover Awakened is my very favorite, though...so far.

Okay, as for Mr. X's creepy factor...well, he's a lesser in the BDB world, which means he's soulless. He has pale skin and pale eyes - think albino. He's the Fore-lesser, which means he's the leader of the Lessening Society. The lessers are out to destroy the vampires. But Mr. X also gets his kicks by killing prostitutes with an overdose of heroine, which tends to draw out civilian vampires. (fyi, all lessers refrain from eating and drinking, they are impotent, and the smell like baby powder)

It's been awhile since I read these books. I have no quotes but I can say that Mr. X is creepy in his actions. The pleasure he derives from the actions he takes really creeped me out. Plus, thinking about the way he looks and smells...yeah, creepy.

I recommend the Black Dagger Brotherhood series. It's a different take on vampires, the vampires are HOT, and so is the sexy. :)

14 comments:

  1. Ew Mr. X is probably the most creepy character you could have come up with! And hey, how come you're not caught up with the brothers? :P

    I hope you're having a wonderful weekend, Brandee :) *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Yeah, he's super creepy, alright. And I'm not caught up because...well, for the same reason I'm not caught up on any series. I get started on another, and then another, and then...well, I get very far behind. :) *hugs*

      Delete
  2. I love BDB and the villains had a LOT of potential but I'm a little sad that the lessers are more of a nuisance than real plot swingers. Mr. X, I loved him as a villain... great pick for this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Braine. And Mr. X is fantastic as a villain - but I'm not sure how much of him I could take. I'm kinda wimpy when it comes to creepy! LOL

      Delete
  3. Ewww...:Mr. X is the worst ! I was actually in Walmart one day and the smell of baby powder hit me. I almost freaked!

    Thanks for sharing, Brandee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, he definitely ruined baby powder for me, Andrea! :)

      Delete
  4. Great pick. He is suuuper creepy. I'm not caught up on the series either. I think I have one or two to read in order to get there, but I know Mr. X and he's an uber messed up dude. Love your choice! I hope ya'll are enjoying your weekend :D Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I'm glad you're not caught up either...but you're further in the series than me. :)

      We did have a nice weekend, Jaclyn! I hope you did as well!

      Delete
  5. I still need to start this series! So many people love it and this guy does sound super creepy. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, you need to read this series, Teresa! The Brothers are awesome! :)

      Delete
  6. Mr X. is definitely creepy and the baby powder smell just caps it off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the baby powder was an interesting touch. And a smell I really did enjoy before! LOL

      Delete
  7. Ew, he's creepy in that terrible serial killer way. And he smells like baby powder? That's brilliant (fell into writer mode there for a second). Obviously I haven't read this series yet, but I didn't have to add it to my shelf. Ha! It's already on my TBR shelf. That doesn't quite feel like a win. I hope you're having a nice weekend. John said it's Christmas in Colorado. He's jealous of your snow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Yes, an excellent touch with the baby powder! :) I'm glad this series was already on your TBR. It's a good one - even though I'm not caught up in it. Tell John most of our snow has melted now - not even enough to build a snowman! :) I hope your Monday was marvelous! :)

      Delete

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??