Wednesday, March 4, 2015

That's What HE Said ~ #20



That's What He Said is a weekly meme hosted by the lovely ladies @Chapter Break. Here's the deal: every Thursday, post a line from your book boyfriend to his heroine. Keep in mind, these are direct quotes from dialog in the books. The quote doesn't have to be romantic - just something our hunky hero said to his lucky lady. Be sure to link up over at Chapter Break as well.

My pick this week for That's What He Said is from:

The Gamble by Kristen Ashley

I haven't done this meme for awhile and I had to laugh that the last one I did was from a KA book. I know I just used this book for my Teaser Tuesday, but I'm consumed. Every free moment I have, I want to be reading this book. It's that good!



***

"I lucked out, baby," Max went on. "When I was young, life handed me somethin' beautiful. Then it took it away. Ten years down the road, somethin' different, but no less beautiful, showed up right at my front door. I knew it almost the minute I saw it and nothin' has happened since to shake that. You think, findin' that in you, I'm gonna let you change my password, write me some fucked up note, and walk away?"


13 comments:

  1. What happened to the TBR post? It says it doesn't exist? Anyway, stay warm, my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww he knew it when he saw it. Great quote.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was trying to schedule that post for Saturday and my finger was trigger happy and clicked "Publish" before I had scheduled the proper date. :/ It'll be up on Saturday...again. LOL I hope you're staying warm! Have a new computer or fixed the issue with our old one?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Julie, this one'll make you swoon all over the place! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! So why does she want to walk away? He sounds a little possessive, but in a sweet way, and now you made me want to read some KA!
    How has your week been? I've been busy, and my students really ticked me off yesterday, so much so I gave them a surprise grammar test! And in the end, I also had to send two girls out of class they just wouldn't listen.
    I hope you'll have a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend, my dear. 67 more days ;) *BIG HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  6. See? Things such as 'I'm consumed' and 'every free moment I have, I want to be reading this book' are exactly what put me in a position to check a book out. Thanks, Brandee! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice..of course now you have me curious about why she is walking away.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh snap this is getting good!! Thank you for sharing!!! I've heard good things about this book!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Omigosh, it's soooo good, Sharrice. I can't wait to be able to start the 2nd book! If you haven't read KA yet, I highly recommend her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. And your curiosity will only be satisfied once you read the book. ;) It's well worth it, I promise.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm trying, Silvia. I'm trying to convince you to give KA a shot. I think you'll love her! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, you know KA's alphas, Lexxie. Just a touch possessive. ;) And this book is just as incredible as Rock Chick. I loved it!!
    I'm sorry your students are being disrespectful. I hope this week has started off better. Hopefully the quiz and you sending the girls out made them take notice.
    Have a great week, my friend! We're down to 63 days now!!!! *BIG HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  13. Maybe a tad?? Glad you liked it, Marilyn. The book is...well, you need to read some KA! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??