Thursday, August 27, 2015

That's What HE Said #36 ~ Thirsty Thursday & Hungry Hearts #15



That's What He Said is a weekly meme hosted by the lovely ladies @Chapter Break. Here's the deal: every Thursday, post a line from your book boyfriend to his heroine. Keep in mind, these are direct quotes from dialog in the books. The quote doesn't have to be romantic - just something our hunky hero said to his lucky lady. Be sure to link up over at Chapter Break as well.

My pick this week for That's What He Said is from:

On My Knees by J Kenner
  Jackson Steele is a man of few words but when he does speak, you'll forgive him his conciseness. 


***
"If I need you?" he repeats as he strides to me, all force and power and intent. "Christ, Sylvia, don't you know by now that I always need you?"

*

"You need me. Where else would I be?"

*

"I love you, Syl. I love you, and I fucked up, and I will do whatever it takes for you to forgive me."



*~*~*~*~*~*


You know it's going to be a serious conversation...

He takes my hand and leads me below deck to the small galley. I sit at the table, and he comes to join me, bringing a bottle of win, two glasses, and a box of Chips Ahoy cookies. He takes one, then holds out the box to me. I don't really need it, but I take it anyway, then take a tiny bite as Jackson leans back in his chair and starts to speak.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??