Friday, September 11, 2015

Beyond the Books ~ Having a Schedule is *Exhausting*


Welcome to Beyond the Books. This post was inspired by Lexxie @Unconventional BookviewsUp Close and (Un)conventional, who was inspired by Cuddlebuggery. It's meant to be a way for y'all to get to know me better on a personal level ~ Beyond the Books. ;)



*************

In an effort to keep my self busy (more busy?) and better manage my time, I decided to create a daily schedule for myself, which I started when the kids went back to school. (See how the two things coincided? That was on purpose ;) I wanted to make sure I had time for all the things I need/want to get done in a day (the part of the day I have to myself, anyway) and I figured that a schedule was the best way to accomplish this goal...having it on paper, on a schedule keeps me accountable, right? Otherwise, I might end up spending an entire day sitting somewhere comfy and reading. *grins*

So I put pen to paper, planned out what time of day I'd do which activity. And thus far, it's worked pretty well. I have a block of time every day where I comment on blogs, exercise, clean, do laundry, work on my book, read, etc. I also carved out specific days to work on my blog, preparing reviews and commenting back. I still have some tweaking to do and I've learned I have to be flexible since my kids have had emergencies which have knocked me off schedule. One thing that's been glaringly obvious? This new schedule is exhausting! *haha* I get up every morning at 4:30 and get started on my day. But I gotta tell ya...I've not been able to stay awake past 10:00 p.m. Usually, my eyelids are drooping by 9:00. Gah!

I'll keep y'all posted on how I fare as I continue following a daily schedule.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??