Thursday, October 22, 2015

That's What HE Said #41 ~ Thirsty Thursday & Hungry Hearts #20



That's What He Said is a weekly meme hosted by the lovely ladies @Chapter Break. Here's the deal: every Thursday, post a line from your book boyfriend to his heroine. Keep in mind, these are direct quotes from dialog in the books. The quote doesn't have to be romantic - just something our hunky hero said to his lucky lady. Be sure to link up over at Chapter Break as well.

My pick this week for That's What He Said is from:

Close Enough to Touch by Victoria Dahl


***

"It is because of who you are. But not the way you mean. It's because you're beautiful and wild and brave and strong. It's because you seem invulnerable, but you melt for me. It's because I want you so damn much I feel like I need to bite down on a belt when you're close by. Sometimes I can't get deep enough or close enough. But other times...other times I want to touch you softly and you won't let me, Grace."



*~*~*~*~*~*


Cole is doing his darnedest to get Grace to spend time with him...when food doesn't work, he goes with the next best thing...


"What about coffee" He seemed to remember of coffee drinking in Hollywood. And smoking. And there were always calories available for martinis.
"Um. Not yet."
"I've got a pot on now. Want some?"
Oh, he had her number. She didn't want to say yes. Her mouth, so wide and full and pink, had pressed itself into a flat line. But her eyes were sharp with interest. He had something she wanted, and the price for that was time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??