Thursday, October 29, 2015

That's What HE Said #42 ~ Thirsty Thursday & Hungry Hearts #21



That's What He Said is a weekly meme hosted by the lovely ladies @Chapter Break. Here's the deal: every Thursday, post a line from your book boyfriend to his heroine. Keep in mind, these are direct quotes from dialog in the books. The quote doesn't have to be romantic - just something our hunky hero said to his lucky lady. Be sure to link up over at Chapter Break as well.

My pick this week for That's What He Said is from:

Masters for Hire by Ginger Voight


***

"You don't know what it means to be desired, and that's a goddamned shame. But by the end of this week, you'll never question it again."

And...

"You are a wonder to me, Coralie. More than anything I could have ever thought I wanted or needed."

And because I just can't help myself...

"I'm ready to make every promise and break every rule because it's all meaningless if you're not at my side. You're mine. And I never want to let you go."


*~*~*~*~*~*


Coralie and Devlin do a lot of champagne drinking but this is their first glass and first toast. It made me think of the first (and only) time I shared a really nice champagne with a special someone. It wasn't romantic at all but it sure was a lot of fun, wasn't it Lexxie?!? Was there singing involved?? I can't wait til next year! *bwahahaha*

"Nice dress," he commented as he motioned to the wine-colored number that lovingly hugged my curves.
"You should think so," I quipped. "You picked it."
The grin broadened. "So I did."
A waiter joined us, carrying a tray filled with flutes of bubbly champagne. Devlin snagged two and handed one to me. "To a wonderful night," he toasted. His eyes remained locked with mine as he drank. There I saw every promise of every romance novel I had ever read come to life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??