Thursday, February 11, 2016

That's What HE Said #51 ~ Thirsty Thursday & Hungry Hearts #32



That's What He Said is a weekly meme hosted by the lovely ladies @Chapter Break. Here's the deal: every Thursday, post a line from your book boyfriend to his heroine. Keep in mind, these are direct quotes from dialog in the books. The quote doesn't have to be romantic - just something our hunky hero said to his lucky lady. Be sure to link up over at Chapter Break as well.


My pick this week for That's What He Said is from:

Rock Chick Rescue by Kristen Ashley

I'm currently re-reading Jet & Eddie's story ~ and I just had to share the love. ;) In this particular scene, Eddie is explaining his plan to keep Jet in his life.


***

"If you're indebted to me, you're connected to me. Whatever makes you take care of you Mom, your Dad, kids getting chemo and friends who make bad decisions on who to date is gonna make you stay connected to me because you owe me. You aren't connected to me, the minute this is all over with your Dad, you're gone. I'm makin' certain that doesn't happen."
...

"Whatever happens, you're worth it and I don't want to hear you say again that you're not. Get me?"


*~*~*~*~*~*


Here's the setup. So, Jet's a pretty good cook. She's made several different things, including chicken fried steak, for Eddie. At that particular dinner, Jet's mom and her mom's friends told Eddie that Jet's chocolate sheet cake was so good, he'd want to marry her for it. In this scene, Jet is preparing for a dinner at Eddie's mom's house.

"I took a shower and began my herculean preparations. At the same time I made peanut butter cookies and smushed a big, old square of Hershey's chocolate in them after they came out, hot and puffy, from the oven. I ran back and forth between the bathroom and the kitchen like a woman on fire.
Eddie hung out through all this activity, alternately watching a football game and watching me.
At one point he strolled into the kitchen and grabbed one of the cookies when I wasn't paying attention and ate it in one bite, then immediately reached for another one.
I smacked his hand. "Those are for your mother."
His arm wrapped around my waist and he pulled me to him.
"Trixie was wrong. Chocolate sheet cake bought you protection. Make these for me and I'll put a ring on your finger."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??