Thursday, May 26, 2016

That's What HE Said #62 ~ Thirsty Thursday & Hungry Hearts #43



That's What He Said is a weekly meme hosted by the lovely ladies @Chapter Break. Here's the deal: every Thursday, post a line from your book boyfriend to his heroine. Keep in mind, these are direct quotes from dialog in the books. The quote doesn't have to be romantic - just something our hunky hero said to his lucky lady. Be sure to link up over at Chapter Break as well.


My pick this week for That's What He Said is from:

Sweet Dreams by Kristen Ashley

FYI, I loved this one y'all. So you may see quotes from it for a few weeks. ;)

***

"Two kinds of women get under your skin. The ones who do damage, they don't feel good there but once you're fuckin' stupid enough to let them in you got no choice but to take the time it takes to work them out. Then there are the ones who don't do damage, who feel good there, feed the muscle, the bone, the soul, not rip it or break it or burn it. The ones you don't wanna work out."

Can you guess which kind Lauren is?!?

*~*~*~*~*~*

This scene made me laugh. Lauren had been explaining her fondness for grape Kool-Aid to Tate and how her ex-husband didn't want her drinking it for fear of ruining furniture...

"What's funny?" I asked.
"I ain't a grape Kool-Aid type of guy either," he answered.
"That's funny?" I asked.
"But you want it, you shouldn't stop yourself from havin' it just because I ain't."
"Okay," I said softly.
"You spill it on my couch, babe, just sayin'..." He stopped.
"What?"
His neck bent and his face got close to mine. "I really don't give a fuck. My couch is shit."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??