Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Brandee's Bookish Babble #17 ~ Books & Best Friends Part 1


Welcome to Brandee's Bookish Babble. There are many, many similar posts to this one - but basically I wanted a place to discuss bookish and/or blogging stuff and I needed a title. :) I hope you enjoy!


***

I know as readers and book bloggers we love sharing our passion about books. And I'm sure we all enjoy making new friends through that shared love of books and reading. Some of my closest friends were made via that shared love. And I thought it'd be fun to share the story of how these friendships came about. This will be a 4-part series, if you will, as I talk about these 4 friends.


*~*
I met one of my closest friends at a gymnastics class. No, I wasn't taking gymnastics. My younger daughter was and she was in a class with my would-be friend's daughter. One day, while we sat outside the classroom watching the girls, I noticed she was holding a book. I jumped at the opportunity to talk about the book (I can't remember the book's title now). Over the course of that conversation, and the many we had in the following weeks, we discovered our reading tastes were very similar. We bonded over a love of Jane Austen and, to a lesser degree, the Brontes. We later began buddy reading books. And also found we shared a passion for writing - she recently completed her first book! 

The rest is, as they say, history. She turned me on to the greatness of Anthony Trollope. She's the reason Diana Gabaldon has been sitting on my shelf for ages...Diana, I promise I'm getting to it soon! And she gifted me a book I treasure, The Library by Sarah Stewart. We get together now as often as we can (not often enough), and we can spend hours and hours chatting about everything under the sun...but primarily, of course, books!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now you know what I think...what are your thoughts??